I quite fancy the idea of having lunch—or better yet, afternoon tea—with the following authors.
- Jane Austen. For her insight into human behaviour and relationships. She would make people-watching so much fun.
- Agatha Christie. For her fiendish criminal mind. She would no doubt spot a murderer lurking amongst the kitchen staff.
- Marian Keyes. For her wit and humour. She would have us all howling with laughter throughout the meal.
I’m not entirely sure what I would bring to the table. Still, someone has to pick up the bill, I suppose…
My favourite books by my lunch companions are:
- Emma by Jane Austen
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- This Charming Man by Marian Keyes